Friday, April 12, 2013

Kermit the Frog and other such creatures

That would be true IF I had spent much time on my green scraps.

However, most of my week was spent on a long-overdue Tshirt quilt for a customer/cousin.  It took her two years to select the shirts, and then I was pregnant, so it was put on the back burner.  The better part of one day was spent basting.  Then, two partial days and one full day of quilting rounded out the week.  Now, with the binding machine stitched on, all I have left is the handwork.

In other news, of my four green projects, here are the statuses:

2" 36-patch: DONE!

spools:


Blue Ridge Beauty (a la Bonnie Hunter) in green:
Some cutting still to go (I didn't have 480 green 2" squares)
Plenty of ironing of aforementioned 2" squares in four patches
Most of the marking of diagonal lines to make the half-square triangles.
This may not be finished by the end of the month!

There are a few spools in here too!


Simply Woven from the Moda Bakeshop:
I already goofed, irreparably, but I think it will still be lovely.  If it's not finished this month, I'm not worried, as it took all of my blue AND green 2.5" and1.5" in medium and dark tones to cobble together the strips for this.  Thus, a ready-made project for the blue month too!


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

I can't imagine that you could finish all that in one month. Have fun trying though.

Ellen said...

That is a lot to get done in one month! The spools look pretty cute to me.

Angie said...

A lot of interesting green projects - I know we'll eventually see the fruits of your labors!

Sheila said...

Cute spools. Ironing and cutting. Those are the time consuming parts.

Quilter Kathy said...

So much scrappy green fun!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...