Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Madrona Road Challenge: Complete

I used AmandaJean's Zig Zag Quilt tutorial.  It's super... no triangles.  The rows are easy to lay out and sew together.  The only problem I currently have is what to do with the cut off triangles, as I can't just toss them!


The Wichita Modern Quilt Guild participated in a national challenge.  Of course, since we were a little delayed in distributing fabric (babies... lots of new babies in our guild), we were a little late in getting started.  Now I'm done in time for the April meeting!

I can't say I love the yellow, but the fabrics work together very well (of course).

Fabric: Madrona Road prints, Michael Miller solids, and Kona solid
Size: 46" x 61"
Pieced and Quilted by ME!


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...