Friday, September 13, 2013

Baby Blue for the Baby Boy

Placemat?  Check!  I even marked the names for the three my sister will embroider.  This is a little outside my normal range for the placemats, but I like it.  This little pile of scraps is gone, and I even cut into a long hoarded hand-dyed fat quarter that never had a home.  It was a perfect background for these fabrics!
 And the placemat is for this busy dude.  He can cruise, climb, stand alone, and is quickly becoming an expert at emptying kitchen cupboards.  It will be time to rearrange soon, but I'm not sure where to put all the glass!
 Aw, all tuckered out!  He hates to be put in the swing as he knows what I'm trying to do.  It works out well, though, as I can sit and sew and he can stare at me until he falls asleep.
 And he has NO fear.  Look at this punk climb halfway up the stairs without a peep.  I guess that downstairs gate will have to be put to use now.  (That looks says, "Busted!")
Check out the other blue projects as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such wonderful photos of the little adventurer...each one tells a story!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

that is a very busy little boy/household.

Sheila said...

He is so cute! Keeping you on your toes, I see.

Deb A said...

I remember those days not too long ago! Just wait until he pulls a chair over and climbs up onto the shelf like my 12 month old did! The knives got moved to the top of the fridge after that.

scraphappy said...

What a pretty placemat for a busy little dude. Looks like he keeps you busy all day long. Glad you found some time to sew while he napped.

Sarah said...

Lovely selection of baby blues and lovely baby!!

Cathy said...

A placemat is a great idea for scraps.

And, awwwww, what a daring cutie! (smile)

Kate said...

I had one of those little ones with "no fear". I'm convinced that the majority of my gray hair dates back to those days. He's a definitely a cutie.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...