Monday, September 30, 2013

Get It Done: October

For September, I had the following goals:


1. Use up the scrap-of-the-month.  I completed a placemat top for my son and used any 2" baby blues in my Irish Chain quilt.  I have four small pieces left!

2.  Complete B2S1 Step #9. Done!

3.  Complete my Scraps to Treasures quilt.  Done.  I will blog about this once the quilts are revealed on the HGTV boards.

4.  Get as close to a top as possible on my DWR quilt for my sister.  I currently am sewing the small blue melons to gold arcs.  With 176 melon/arc pieces needed, I need to get hauling!  Top completed and basted.


For October, my goals are short but large:

1. Use the scrap o' the month,  particularly in a 2" square block.  I suddenly have friends who could use a quilt (a in-law of my sister has to have a hip replacement redone because the "fake" hip was recalled AND another... a husband of five has a collapsed lung) and I don't have a quilt big enough for either of them!  Bad quilter!

2.  October B2S1 Step.

3.  Quilt away on my DWR.

4.  Customer tshirt quilt!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You did well on your September goals. Good luck with your October goals.

Sharon - IN said...

So impressed with the DWR! I have yet to make one.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...