Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Baby Blue Edition

Ah, blue.  Blue scraps have been taking over my scrap bags as it is my favorite color. I'm glad I have another month to reduce it.

Light blues are hard to come by, so I may I only complete one small project.  I think the rest of my time will be spent working on my Irish chain quilt made of blues.
These blues and greys will be for a placemat for JoJo, as he and the other "new" family members (Lettie and my brother's fiancee) need placemats for family dinners.

The colors are soothing and quiet, not much like the busy and hot day we had today.

Check out other Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

You're right lovely relaxing colours!

Angie said...

Good colors for a placemat - they'll make for soothing mealtimes, right?!

Julie in GA said...

Very pretty blue scraps.

Kate said...

Very pretty blues. Looking forward to seeing what you do with your blue scraps.

Millie said...

Don't forget the placemates on 9/22 so I can embroider the names--and don't forget to trace the name for me.

Sheila said...

So true. Those beautiful colors are cool and relaxing.

Deb A said...

I do love blues for their relaxing properties! Such pretty bits you have to play with.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh yes, blue is my favorite color too, and I favor the deep cobalts, so my baby blues were scarce too :*) Looks like you found enough to begin with at least.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...