Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Out of Baby Blue!

I have four lonely pieces of light blue, 1.5" x 4", so my projects are done for the month.

Maybe, maybe, maybe, if life slows down, I'd like to sort through my scraps and see what remains in each color.

In an effort to complete 20 blocks for Alycia's big block blowout, I do know that I have wiped out an entire shoebox of medium, dark, and grey blue scraps.  I also have a smattering of red and white odds and ends, which is pretty impressive as the red scraps had me stumped and the white and cream were a wrinkled, jumbled mess when I began.  I still think I was nuts to start these blocks a few weeks ago, as I have several orders for my business as well as a giant DWR quilt to finish!  I do love that even the foundations came from leftovers, so I really was using up scraps!

In other news, I am plugging away at my Irish Chain blocks in blue and white.  The intended recipient for this quilt has shifted to a different little girl, but it's still a project that keeps on keepin' on.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your red, white and blue strip block.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your block for Alycia's block drive looks amazing and will be so appreciated!

Deb A said...

Very pretty RWB block. Life does tend to get in the way of our sewing sometimes....but it will always be there waiting for us.

Kate said...

Such a good use for scraps. Your strips look great.

Kate said...

Such a good use for scraps. Your strips look great.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...