Friday, September 27, 2013

Bittersweet

Ah, Spunky, I had mixed emotions as I waited for you in the van today.  Today, my dear, is the last day of half-day kindergarten.  Monday, you will be going to school all day, just like your sister.

I am anticipating ending (for the year, at least) my thrice daily school runs.  The gift of an hour of my day in this busy fall season is tremendous and desperately needed.  I am thrilled to see you outgrowing some of your toddler tantrums.  Playgroup will now be possible again, and I might even feel like trekking to the library a time or two with the boys.

On the other hand, I have loved the afternoons with you, a diminutive little sprite.  What am I going to do without your help?  Your hugs are wonderfully unexpected, and someday soon you will outgrow them.  I don't want you to grow up too fast, to adopt your sister's sassy attitude (as cute as it is, at times).  I don't thrive on change.  I never expected to see some of your toddler/little girl quirks fade away, but here before me is a self-confident, chatty school girl.

I love you.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Mlada said...

She is still your little spunky girl, and always will be. Love her lots for me.

Theoketos said...

The sweetness, the flow of the past, and my achy heart all make any sense of time disappear. All that remains is love!

Alzbeta said...

Oh, sweet girl!

Kate said...

Each stage has it's pros and cons. You want them to grow up, but you don't.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...