Tuesday, September 24, 2013

QOV blocks

There isn't much left after making a few of these blocks...
 There were maybe 4 strips of blue remaining, and a handful each of red and white.

 I love the end result:  20 blocks to help Alycia in her QOV block drive and a significant reduction in scraps I struggled to use!
Thanks, Judy, for the push to make 20.  I probably would have quailed at the thought of sorting all my scraps for just a block or two, but to tackle it all and make 20, I was game!

I am also grateful that using these scraps contributes to the year's ongoing work with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  These blues were all "leftover" after other scrap projects, and I hated to leave so many scraps unused but couldn't find a coherent plan.  I had cut up all my 2" reds for my 9s and 6s blocks but had 1", 1.5", and 2.5" pieces that were clamoring for use as well.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Great looking blocks! What a great use of scraps.

Ramona said...

I love the layout of your blocks. And making 20 blocks... that is wonderful. Nicely done!

Melinda in Ct said...

Very nice blocks. Good for you using up so many scraps. Don't leave those leftover scraps unattended though - they multiply when you're not looking.
:)

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...