Thursday, December 18, 2014

Finished: Collaboration

I think I'll call this quilt "Collaboration," since it was the brain child and labor of both the Assistant and myself.
 Ugh.  I thought I captured a square picture, but my perch was obviously not quite high enough.  This finished at a lovely snuggly size for the Assistant's afternoon teacher, whose favorite colors are purple and red.  I'm glad to have used up the bulk of my remaining black and white stash.  I think I have two fat quarters left that may get stripped down and added to the scrap boxes.
 I used this lovely ombre for the backing.  I originally purchased this fabric for a skirt, but when it arrived, I realized it wouldn't do at all.  It's perfect as a backing, however, so I am happy!

The Assistant is very happy with the outcome of her teacher's quilt, and so am I!
And I'll leave you with a parting pic of Miss G with helpful Bear Cub and Spunky in the background.   Miss G got shots on Wednesday, so she's a bit grumpy.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great!

Kate said...

Looks like you have an up and coming partner. The quilt looks great.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...