Monday, December 1, 2014

December Goals

November goals wrap-up:

1. Tell it to the Stars step 11.  Success!  My border blocks are done but need to be sewn into rows.  I hope to do that today.

2. Finish the ABC quilt.  Success!

3.  Finish the ribbon weave baby quilt.  Success!

4. Finish Bear Cub Q's row quilt.  Success!

5. Scraps.  Success!  I made triangle blocks, bricks, 16-patches, Omigosh bits, and cut the beginnings of a scrappy Carrie Nation quilt.

6.  Finish Miss G's dress.  Success!

If I had time, I wanted to work on Miss G's placemat (done), a dress for the Assistant for a school rocket (done), and an animal towel for Bear Cub Q (cut, but not sewn).  I'm impressed, looking back, when over the month I've felt like I haven't done much.  That'll teach me!

For December, I'd like to:

1.  Get Tell it to the Stars to a top, and possibly baste it.

2. Scraps: make my 9s and 6s blocks into a top, finish the quilt for the Assistant's other teacher, cut all the pieces for a queen sized Carrie Nation quilt, tame the scraps created this month as well as those sorted out of a bag of saved scraps, and sort all the scraps left from my Scraps to Treasures quilt in preparation for a rainbow donation quilt.  Plenty to do here!

3.  Sew a stocking for Ginny from a Prairie Moon Quilts pattern.  I may forgoe this and try to have it finished for next year.  After all, she won't know if there's no stocking over the fireplace for her (and I can't hang it until I find another stocking holder!).

4.  Finish Bear Cub Q's turtle towel.  I'm dragging my feet on this, but I really should just buckle down and do it.  It won't be half as bad as I dread, as these projects never are.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow! You had a great month. Good luck with this month's goals.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...