Wednesday, December 31, 2014

January Goals

December was a good month for goals.  I even found myself at a bit of a loss over break as to what to sew since I was able to finish all my goals and didn't really want to start my 2015 goals before I knew scrappy color for January,

I wanted to...
1. Work on my scraps, so I
... Finished my 9s and 6s quilt
... Finished Collaboration, the Assistant's quilt
... Cut all the pieces for a queen-sized Carrie Nation quilt
... Trimmed down all my loose scraps (twice, in fact)
... And cut/laid out the pieces for this year's donation quilt

2.  I finished a stocking for Miss G, not in time for St. Nick to fill it, but in plenty of time for Santa.

3.  I finished my Tell it to the Stars top.  The backing, batting, and binding strips are all cut and ready to go.

4.  Long ago and far away, I had great plans for hooded towels for all my children.  Over time, however, my mother-in-law has provided several for each of the kids, so it seemed silly to add more to the overflowing towel collection.  However, JoJo likes to take the fun towels, leaving Bear Cub out in the cold, so I made Bear Cub his very own turtle.  I probably won't make more, as the construction was tedious (and we have enough!).

January, as the start of a new year, has lofty goals already in place.
1.  Baste Tell it to the Stars and begin hand quilting.

2.  Make two of the vests needed for our annual Easter clothes.  Eek!  I need clothes for 7 this year.

3.  Use some of my chevron pieces to make a baby boy quilt.

4.  Scraps: Omigoshish, triangles, 16 patches, Carrie Nation, donation quilt, and bricks, all depending on the color.

5.  The long suffering hexagon quilt.  I think I'll try to add one snowflake to the top a month until spring arrives and summer gets crazy.

6.  Make or pull from my store four hats for donation.

Now I think I should go sew!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You had a great 2014. Wishing you a very happy and productive 2015!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...