Saturday, May 2, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Green Edition

I sorted my scraps this week and trimmed down my box of errant leftovers.  Now the non-green scraps are all filed away neatly, and the seemingly giant pile of green triangles is lurking on the corner of my sewing table.

My Wild Horses quilt, started because it has purple in it, is done!  I so rarely start and finish a quilt in a month that I was pleasantly surprised this one is already washed and blogged.

This month, I'm trying to keep my goals low key as I have a customer quilt to finish.  I wasn't sure how far along the previous stitcher had gotten on this quilt top, but after two hours of work, the top is done!  If I can manage between speech therapy and end of year craziness, I'll finish this quilt this week, and then my Carrie Nation blocks with a pale green background can be added to my list of green goals!

Usually green is an overflowing color for me, but I'm finding, at least in 1.5", I've really whittled down my scraps.  There are almost no light greens, and only a handful of dark greens left after I cut out my 16-patches.  Let's go sew!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Marly said...

I just had a look at your Wild Horses and you found a good solution to the large print issue there.
Good luck in finding enough greens for your projects this month.

Scrappy quilter said...

I hope you have enough greens to work the full month in greens.

Kate said...

Hopefully you'll get some more time this next week to play with all your green scraps.

Cathy said...

Congrats on the Wild Horses and being so far ahead on Christmas gifts!

Looking forward to when you go green!

Magpie Sue said...

Good job on the finish! As I've traveled the blogs I've noticed some of us have a lot of green (too much for one month) and others have pretty much used up their stash in previous year's RSC work. Interesting phenomenon. Still, you can have fun with what you've got, no matter how much or how little. ;- )

Deb A said...

Congrats on the finish! Enjoy sewing up those greens this month. I am curious about the speech therapy.... my daughter has speech therapy and does great when we work with her at home.... which I need to be better at the last couple of months.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...