Saturday, May 16, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Green!

Whew!  I'm grateful for a much better week.  I may have to put a lock on every door in our house (I kid you not), but for the time being, I'm holding my own against the tornado that is JoJo.  He's in a throwing things for fun and in anger stage, but he's much happier than last week.

Is he not the cutest little bug in this picture!
I apologize for the wonky view.  The computer is freezing up on me, so I should load it as is to make sure it stays!

Meanwhile, I've been busy with my 1.5" squares, sewing 20 more blocks for my 16-patch quilt.  I still love these blocks and am looking forward to mashing all the colors together at the end of the year.

My pale green Carrie Nation quilt is a top, sans photo, today.  I'm hoping to baste it and finish it before my niece comes to stay this next weekend!

My friend finished her quilt top, so now she's working on a green quilt.

The garden is keeping us hopping, so off I go to plant grave vines.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out the other lovely green projects this weekend.

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Love your little green squares--nice selection...I am using 2.5"-ers...Jojo sounds like he keeps you very busy!! I have a little granddaughter--Willa--that we call the Whirling dervish--and she is soooo quick..love her to bits, but exhausting!! hugs, have fun Julierose

scraphappy said...

Looks like another busy week. Pretty greens.

Edith said...

Wow, that's a lot of green squares! Raising little ones is a very busy job - you are amazing with all that you do!

Scrappy quilter said...

Very pretty greens. And it sounds like you had a much better week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting your quilt top together. Good luck on containing Tornado JoJo!!! :o))

Jennifer said...

looks great! how nice to get sewing time AND garden time!

Cathy said...

Gotta love postage stamps.

Jennie in GA said...

Nice progress, in spite of your little guy!

Kate said...

Glad this was a better week. JoJo is a little cutie, his onesie (sp?) states it pretty well.

You made a lot of progress considering how busy your schedule is.

SueR said...

Someone else is making postage stamp blocks too--that's sewing dedication! My son used to throw rocks when he was little. Drove us nuts! He shattered our patio door one summer. Lucky (for him) that phase didn't last too long!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...