Saturday, May 9, 2015

Slime Green

Ugh.  I am not as kind and patient a person as I like to think.  Let's sum up the last few days: I got the van stuck in the mud, so we missed JoJo's speech therapy.  Insurance won't cover a penny of said therapy, not a single visit (just found out).  JoJo isn't sleeping well, so neither are his parents.  My husband is a much nicer zombie than I am.  For reals, folks.  This isn't out here for sympathy either.  It's life, and sometimes I do less rolling with the punches and more face-planting.  This too shall pass.

I did finish my customer quilt after much internal debate and fretting.  I wish I had an entire bolt of the backing fabric, but I don't even know which Kona color it is!

The Rainbow Star is basted, and I took a few stitches.  I think I'm abandoning my Tell it to the Stars quilt for now, as it's too bulky in the warm weather.  This baby quilt, I can handle.

My triangles are done for another month.  The original background fabric is all gone, so I've added another.  It's all scrappy anyhow, right?  Once I've run out of triangles, I'll make a plan for size and end game.

Oddly enough, I cut out two more scrappy quilts this week.  One, using a charm pack and two solids, will be a baby quilt for Spunky to make this summer.  The other is for my friend who made the Carrie Nation quilt with me.  We're in a little less hurry, so she's going to do all the sewing and I'll be able to give more advice.
I'm adding a green project for the month in my last Carrie Nation quilt since I only have two small projects left for green (Bits and Bobs and 16 patches).  This one is made from Vicki Welsh's fabulous fabrics.  The background is pale green, so it fits, right?  I'm excited to have a top finished soon.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Marly said...

With so much working against you this week, you've managed a surprisingly large amount of sewing. Here's hoping for a better week next week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've got some lovely projects on the go. Farm out the kids to friends and go take a nap!! :o))

Dasha said...

Its all supposed to be scrappy so add a few more colours like you meant to change (and don't tell the world you ran out. Ha ha)
Hope the kids give you some peace this week so you can catch up on sleep. Sleep deprivation is the pits.

Vicki W said...

I am always amazed at how much you get done!

Scrappy quilter said...

You still managed to get a lot done. Great job!

Kate said...

I'm sorry it was one of those weeks. I hope JoJo sleeps better this week (or at least you were able to catch up on some sleep this weekend).

Hope all your stitching brings you some sanity. Lots of fun scrappy projects going on in your sewing room.

Sheila said...

Oh my. I'm soooo hoping that this will be a better week, dear.

scraphappy said...

Hoping that next week is better. Hopefully you will find another way to fund the spearhead therapy. Glad you found some tine to sew, I"m sure it was good for your state of mind, b

Cathy said...

Oh, I remember the zombie days! You will get through them.

I really like your bits and bobs. I keep thinking I'll get out my waste triangles and use them up the same way.

Deb A said...

Oh no... I remember those zombie days with lots of yelling and little patience. I know time with fabric really helped.... hope you all get some sleep and have a better week.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...