Friday, May 1, 2015

Wild Horses

A finish, a finish!   This beautiful quilt, make from Laurel Birch fabric, was on my UFO list for a few months as I owned the fabric, but was afraid to cut it.  I struggle with large prints as well as coordinating fabric.  It's almost TOO matchy-matchy, but I think the addition of the cream tones it down a bit.

The orange and turquoise prints were also directional, meaning cutting the sashing took more attention than normal.
 Now finished with straight-line quilting and a coordinating purple fabric, I'm pleased it's done.  It finished at 54"x 63" and crinkled up nicely after a wash and dry.
Now to fold it up and tuck it away for a Christmas gift!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is lovely--I love her fabrics...nice finish hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

What a fun quilt! This will be a wonderful gift.

Sheila said...

LOVE LB fabrics and LOVE your quilt. Awesome gift, especially for a little girl that loves horses.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It turned out beautifully.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...