Saturday, June 17, 2017

Citrine and Champagne

My mini nines are finished for the month!  I didn't have much yellow, so I pulled blues, purples, and greys to round out my desired 20.  I do hunt for yellow fabrics, as my younger sister loves them, but they never seem to leave many scraps behind.
The garden is so well weeded its shocking.  We usually get behind and never catch up, but we are actually in quite a happy place.  Spunky has been eating all the blackberries as they ripen, which makes me so happy.

Off to sew some more.  I have a Tshirt quilt I want to finish ASAP.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Aren't those pretty?! I love the combination of yellows, blues, and purples! On the topic of weeding - I was so proudly showing a visiting friend my garden this afternoon and realized that there is a lot of weeding to be done! They sneak up on you!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute blocks, they're going to make a great quilt.

Deb A said...

Keeping the weeds at bay..... that is my issue. I really need to get out and find the few plants left in the garden. Love the pops of yellow in your blocks - they are so cheerful. My kids found wild blackberries hanging over our fence from the new neighbor (almost done building their house but not moved in yet). They are eating them as they find them.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That does seem like a tiny amount of YELLOW. Looks GREAT with the other scraps you selected. Happy quilting, Katie!!

Kate said...

Lots of pretty blocks. Glad the garden is not keeping you out of the sewing room too much.

Nell's Quilts said...

Blues, purples and greys punched up by a little yellow - a beautiful combination. It's been too hot or too rainy to get out and do the weeding. Looks like Wednesday should be perfect for tackling the weeds again. I bought some cheap bird seed and heaven only knows what is sprouting under the feeder. That'll teach me!

Jennifer said...

your blocks are beautiful- wonderful color combinations! and congrats on the weeds (or lack there-of) it's a memorable occasion- make sure you write it on your calendar!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...