Thursday, June 1, 2017

June Goals

In May, I wanted to...
1.  Manage the (as yet, undeclared color of) scraps.  Trimming, Bits and Bobs, Garden Party, Mini 9s, hourglass, Barn Dance, and orphan blocks.  Done, done, and done!  They were green, by the way.

2.  Tell it to the Stars UFO Progress, #10 which is all the chains running through the middle of the quilt.  Yes!  I also managed to quilt an extra block.  Now the center blocks are done, so I won't need to have the quilt bulk on me in the heat of the summer.

3.  Progress on the rose appliqué.  Over halfway!

4.  Spunky's quilt finished.  Yes!

Optional, if I finish the other goals, pillow cases, a new quilt for a teacher, and my sister's Tshirt quilt.  I did finish the pillow cases, started a new quilt for a teacher, and cut all the blocks for my sister's Tshirt quilts.  I also started pieces for two weighted blankets.

In June, my goals are...
1.  To tame the scraps: trimming, Bits and Bobs, Garden Party, Mini Nines, hourglass, Barn Dance, orphan blocks.

2.  Tell it to the Stars hand quilting, for whatever number is called.

3. Rose appliqué.  I think I can have it ready for basting by the end of the month.  High hopes?  Maybe, but I think I can.

4.  Have my flying geese quilt to flimsy stage by the end of the month,

5.  Finish my big sister's quilt.

6.  Make two weighted blankets.  One of these can wait, but I'd really like to get the other one done and to my sister-in-law.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress in May. Good luck with all your plans for June.

The Joyful Quilter said...

With the big kids home for the summer, it looks like you are going to have your hands full. Best of luck with working through your list!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...