Friday, June 30, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Bits and Bobs

Y'all, something crazy happened this week.  I made the very LAST blocks required for my Bits and Bobs quilt!  Here are the last six.  Now to wait for an opportunity to lay out all the blocks and stack up the rows.  It's been a quilt at least four years in the making, maybe longer.  This finishing of the blocks has created a dilemma, as these were my leaders and enders for that many years!  I have pulled a bag of matched triangles from the UFO box, so I'll be sewing those for then next little while, until I decide on another epic quilt journey.


Friday, since DH left with two kids to go to a Royals game, I had a sewing room day with the other kids. We watched the Great British Baking Show, My Little Pony (shudder), and youtube videos.  This is after we survived a six month checkup and shots for Sneaky Pete.

During my sewing opportunities, I made excellent progress on two projects on my list.  Now, I have a certain little boy's name letters ready to back and zigzag around to hand in his room, and I've struggled through 3/4 of my paper piecing for a few table mats for my mom.  I wondered, earlier in the week, if I could finish these two projects in July, but now I'm confident they'll be complete.

My flying geese are already pieced, basted, and awaiting quilting.  I'm going to finish my paper piecing before I change out the needle to quilt this, but I do believe I have a quilting plan already!

I'm itching for a new color announcement.  I already trimmed my basket of scraps, so I'm ready to dive in.  (Ooh, I see it's blue.  I have no shortage of blue scraps!)

Be sure to visit our scrappy hostess this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your flying geese quilt looks fabulous! I can't wait to see all the Bits and Bobs come together.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

LOVE the flying geese quilt top! Have fun quilting it! And so amazing that your Bits and Bobs blocks have been made as Leaders and Enders and you have enough for a whole quilt now. Such a good idea!

Kate said...

Love the Flying Geese top! It's on my "to make" list. Congrats on finishing off all the bits and bobs. I'm looking forward to seeing that top come together.

Monica said...

Both projects look great! I'm especially admiring all the Flying Geese quilts these days. :D

Cathy said...

Those tiny nines are so cute, and I can't wait to see the layout of all of them. I bet the number of scraps in it will be simply overwhelming! Your flying geese are awesome, too, and it looks as though you already had a jump on July's color of the month!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the tiny little nine patches and so good to be closer to done. Love the geese quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats!! on completing the LAST block for Bits and Bobs (and best of luck choosing your next epic project.) Looking forward to seeing how you quilt the Goose quilt. Hoping Pete is not TOO uncomfortable after those shots... can't believe it's been 6 months already!!!!

Deb A said...

The last block done! WOW! Looks like you will have a fun month in July playing with blue. Hope you find a place to lay out all those fun blocks so you can just sit and stare at the amazing blocks you have created! Looking forward to watching them come together as a quilt.

scraphappy said...

Last bits and bobs! I don't know if I'm happy or sad. Always hard to style into something new after something so long term comes to an and. Lots of great progress on other projects though. Your flying geese look great!

Angie said...

Congrats on finishing all the blocks for Bits and Bobs - can't wait to see the next step in your epic quilt! BTW - Go Royals! My Dear Husband is originally from Kansas City, he's never given up on his hometown team.

Nell's Quilts said...

Bits and bobs has been a long term commitment drawing to a close. Looking forward to the flimsy view. Your blue geese are a great lead in to the July colour. A great way to start the month with a finish in the right colour.

Mari said...

Yay for finishing up those bits and bobs! Whoo-hoo! Can't wait to see it all finished up. And the flying geese look great!

Northern Deb said...

LOVE ❤️ your flying geese quilt.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...