Saturday, November 4, 2017

Falling to Pieces


I dug out the brown 1.5” and made decent progress on nine-patches this week.


(In between the epic playroom/sewing room evacuation for carpet cleaning, the vehicle demise-by-self-destruction, and the dead fridge, that is... Ooh, and there was Halloween in the midst of it all.)



Barn Dance is, tragically, in a holding pattern.  The blue batik ran in areas I did not see before I dried it, so it’s awaiting a long, hot soak.  I’m still hunting for the Dawn dish soap recommended by Vicki Welsh.  My shopping has been taken up by larger items!


My to-do list for the week included quilting my mini 9s, but I didn’t have it in me, so it’s patiently waiting its turn under the needle.  I did choose the thread color last night, and I have almost all the bobbins empty again.

Neither did I touch my orphan bits, the poor, neglected things.  Eventually...


Instead, I dithered along starting some name letters for a cousin’s new baby, sorting fabric for another weighted blanket, trimming scraps, and picking out more fabric for an apron that needs to be completed by Thanksgiving in order to be shipped to family.  Then, because I couldn’t help myself, I laid out the blocks for my downsized Garden Party (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) and sewed a few rows together.

In all the chaos of the week, I completely forgot to write my month-end blog posts, so I need to get cracking.  Enjoy your weekend.  May it be full of fabric, family, and free of chaos.  Check out the finishes or the browns!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

gayle said...

Oh my! I hope your chaos tones down a bit in coming weeks!

Kate said...

That sounds like "one of those weeks" squared! Hope things are calming down and one by one each item gets fixed/corrected. Wishing you a very calm and stitched filled weekend.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice progress on your BROWN 9-Patch blocks and your downsized Garden Party!! Sorry to hear that your week was chaotic. Hoping that next week will be better!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Some weeks all you can do is sew a few nine patches and it feels good just to accomplish that much! I think you did a great job on those nine patches and all the other things you had to manage, too!

Alison V. said...

Some progress is still progress! It always seems like the rug gets pulled out from under us when we make plans and have lots to do! I really like how your Garden Party quilt is coming together!

Linda said...

Sounds as though you had quite a week! Glad you managed to fit in a few fabric related items!

Cathy said...

This week can only be better! Good luck on getting in some sewing time and finding that Dawn.

Cathy Tomm said...

What a lot of chaos you have this week. You did well getting any sewing done. Great little nine patches.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...