Saturday, November 25, 2017

Mayhem and Bedlam

Since Tuesday, we’ve been a house of four adults and nine children (11, 9, 7, 7, almost 5, 4, 3, almost 2, and almost 1).  Needless to say, it’s been jolly good fun, a mess of hard work, and a glorious experience.  Thanksgiving was lovely, and our weather was unseasonably warm after being unseasonably cold.  Then the stomach bug returned, or a fresh strain hit, and not only our household but my entire family that had gathered in the area was sick.

Sewing time was negligible.  I did stitch a bit Friday, finishing a row of Garden Party as well as the blocks needed for my last(!) orphan block project.  It won’t be done in time to send home with my sister, but since I spent time cooking and caring for the recipient, no one minds.

Like many of you, I spend some time most days pondering my plans for next year.  I seem to have my plans already sketched out, so now I’m examining my “someday” project list.  Deciding what's possible for the next year is delicious fun, so while waiting for everyone to recuperate or get sick a second time, I'm going to lose myself in some dreaming.

I hope your Thanksgiving was splendid, and that you and yours are well.  As we enjoy the end of brown scraps, I also plan to check out all the other new and old projects this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Katie!! I am so sorry to hear that your entire family was sick over the holiday. That's terrible! Enjoy your project contemplation time. I'm thinking it's leftover projects for me!

Chantal said...

So sorry your family was sick. Sending prayers your way so every one recuperate quickly, or don't get sick a second time. Daydreaming is a great way to catch a break. Enjoy the dithering. ;^)

Cathy said...

Well, here’s hoping that nobody else gets sick yet again! Have fun planning and dreaming. You’re so right about it’s deliciousness!

Angie said...

I hope everyone is on the mend and that your delicious quilting dreams get realized in 2018!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry to hear you had to deal with sickness over the holiday with a houseful! You always have such a good attitude about all of that, though. I think daydreaming about future projects counts in quilting! I enjoy that kind of daydreaming quite often!

Deb A said...

Oh no! The whole family sick is not fun at all. Hope everyone is on the mend and it doesn't go around again. Reminds me I need to chlorox wipe the house (phones, remotes, door handles, light switches,...) so the cold germs go away before the last 2 get it.
Glad you are able to dream of the next quilting projects.

Kate said...

Oh that sounds miserable! Hope everyone is all well, back in school and you've had a chance to recuperate. Your Garden Party quilt is looking great. Looking forward to seeing what is on your list for 2018.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...