Saturday, February 9, 2019

Ahhhh...

Some of you might think I’m crazy for being relieved at an outbreak of influenza A at our school, but I promise my sanity remains.  5 of our 6 kids (as well as myself) ended up ill with a bizarre mashup of symptoms (never before have we had vomiting and runny noses at the same time), but we are finally on the brighter side of the sickness.  Fortunately, we all had our flu shots and that appears to have kept the symptoms on the milder side.  Poor Spunky missed the most school, as her body really struggled to return to normal.  We never bothered to go in to get tested for influenza, since I’m pretty sure the doctor’s office is where we picked it up in the first place, but once we knew it was at school, we followed the protocol.  7 days home is an eternity when it comes to makeup homework!

With all the unwell chitlins and extra work to be done, we were all immensely relieved that an ice thunderstorm canceled school for us on Thursday.  Driving on the roads was quite a challenge out where we live, but by the time I got into town for an appointment in the afternoon, the roads were quite pleasant.



Now that February has decided to be less petulant than January, I am attaching myself to my sewing machine and playing catch up!  All my triangles for Garden Mosaic have already been stitched up as leaders and enders between rows of my pixelated quilt.  I initially hoped to have a completed flimsy by now, but Friday night, I laid in bed with a book instead of struggling with all the pins.  Soon enough, I dare say.

I cut the pieces for my Great Granny Squared blocks, so as soon as Thomas is in one piece, I can whip those lovelies out.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out all the yellow scrappy goodness this weekend!

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thomas is quite amazing, Katie! What a project! Glad everyone is on the mend at your house.

gayle said...

Thomas is wonderful!
I'm glad you're all feeling better! That must have been an ordeal, with everyone down at once!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, goodness! Sorry to hear that you household was a mass of nastiness. Hoping everyone is back to normal (and off to school) soon! You are really making progress on Thomas. I can't WAIT to see him completed!

Tanza Erlambang said...

great project

Mari said...

Sick kids is no fun, whether it was flu or not. Glad that you are on the other side and managed to get a few stitches in. Hope this week has less illness (and ice).

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I worked on yellow and white Garden Mosaic blocks today, and it took me a minute to figure out how you came to my house to photograph them! Sorry you have had a household full of illness, but I am glad you are getting past it, and had some time to rest.

Kate said...

Thomas is quite amazing! He's coming along beautifully. So sorry you go hit with the flu. How you manage when that many are sick at once is beyond me. We didn't get near the ice you did but trying to get to work Thursday morning was not fun. Hope it's smoother sailing this week.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...