Saturday, February 2, 2019

Golden Glow

January has stomped out in a tantrum and dragged February in kicking and screaming.  I need to remember that winter, once illness hits, drags on and on in its various forms.  This week, we were visited with various symptoms: fever, cough, runny noses and sneezes, and stomach ailment of many forms.  None of it made or makes any sense to me, but so far four kids are slowly recovering.  Of course one shared their nose issues with me, so now I’m paranoid the high fever is soon to follow.  I’m doing my best to eat and sleep well, so only time will tell.
Despite the chaos of so much illness, I’ve made good progress this week.  My last red sampler block is wrapped up, although I just realized I didn’t make it from hand dyes.  Alas.  I think I’ll leave it.

There are yellow scraps creeping out of every box, and I’ve sorted and examined.  Next week is for cutting.  I did get most of the wings on for my 9 patches and stars so those will be out of the way shortly.
My sewing time primarily focused on my new pixelated quilt.  The squares all finish at 1”, and I’ve already had my share of miscounting rows, mixing up pieces, or being one square off.  I’m so glad I’m almost 2/3 done with the piecing!

P.S. Check out the red and yellow stitching projects this weekend as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

LA Paylor said...

your first sentence is terrific! That's exactly the way it is.
Poor you waiting for the shoe to drop... start sucking on zinc lozenges now... they do help. LeeAnna

Jennifer said...

i've been a bad bloggy friend- i didn't realize you were making a T the train! and from 1" squares, no less! way to go, you! hope you're feeling better soon! (or don't start feeling worse...)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That red with the stars is a really neat fabric for the heart! I wouldn't change it out either. Sending good thoughts for a healthy week ahead!

Deb A said...

What a pretty heart and LOVE the Thomas the Train quilt. Is that for JoJo? Hope everyone has a quick recovery and you don't come down with it. Never good when Mom is sick.

The Joyful Quilter said...

2/3 done with Thomas? What an AWESOME quilt this will be!! Did you design it yourself? JoJo is sure to LOVE it!! That's the quilt for him, right? Here's hoping everyone is well soon!!

JanineMarie said...

I have a feeling that your adorable heart block will look just fine with the hand-dyes. Such a pretty fabric. I'm glad that my grandson does not read blogs. He would be all over that Thomas quilt in an instant, asking me for one. Not sure I'd be up for making a pixelated quilt, but I am enjoying looking at your work. Get well soon!

Angie said...

Kudos for sticking with the pixelated quilt! That's way beyond my patience level, but I'm sure the recipient will love it and that will make everything worthwhile!

Marti said...

Oh no, I hope you don't get the rest of the cold symptoms. I had it last month and it wasn't fun. Your pixelated quilt looks interesting but I can see how it could be hard to get the right count in, kind of like cross stitch.

maggie fellow said...

hang tight - spring is around the corner - great work

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...