Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sunshine on My Shoulder

After a few balmy days, we returned Friday to bitter cold and ice.  Fortunately, the kids’ school was already out, so I didn’t have to brave the roads.

Fortunately, with all illness apparently gone, I was able to log a number of sewing hours for the week.  Thomas the Quilt Train is basted, 8 or 9 spools of thread are ready, bobbins are wound, and I began quilting the black sections.  Since I’m beginning with stitch-in-the-ditch, it could be a while before any of the quilting is very interesting.  JoJo, of course, made a ridiculous face when I snapped a photo of the flimsy.
On the yellow front, I finished six Great Granny Squared blocks in yellows and browns.  I was pleased to find enough variety for so many, which makes up for my dearth of reds.
Additionally, all my Garden Mosaic blocks for February are done.  They made excellent leaders and enders between the Granny blocks as well as my two Lepidoptera blocks, which I’m saving to show you next week since I suspect my machine will be preoccupied with non-yellow quilting for the week.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to visit all the cheerful yellows this weekend!

9 comments:

Mari said...

Love all that sunny yellow goodness, and the Thomas quilt is awesome! Have fun quilting it!

Cathy said...

Your Thomas the Train quilt is awesome, and Jojo is a cutie! So typical of boys to goof off for the camera! Lovely yellow (and brown - good idea!) Blocks this week.

maggie fellow said...

you have some really great yellows. great work

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so impressed with Thomas - I think Jojo must be, too! It looks like quilting Thomas will be quite a project!

Deb A said...

Lucky JoJo to get a Thomas quilt! I remember my son wearing his thomas overalls all the time... as long as they were clean. I seem to have washed them every 3rd day! Lots of sunny yellow sewing this week. Great job.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat quilts! you are doing some fun quilts

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your train is so cute! You're making great progress on your mosaic blocks. I need to get back to making more blocks. All of mine are yellow and I am thinking about expanding the range of yellow to make them more interesting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Goodness!! JoJo certainly has grown!! Glad to hear that your family is well, again. Always a happy day when sewing hours are part of the plan (and becomes a reality!)

Kate said...

Love your Thomas. That's JoJo? What happened, he can't be that old, he was just a baby?

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...