Friday, March 1, 2019

March Goals

In February, I wanted to...
1.  Finish the Thomas quilt for JoJo.  Whew!  I did it.

2.  Given time, I’d like to start my March quilt, which will be out of green and creams.  I have a lovely stripe for either border or backing, and I’m very happy finally to make a St. Patrick’s Day quilt.  It’s started, even if I did start it with the wrong measurements!

3.  Scrappy goals for the month include: trimming the scrap bucket, making Garden Mosaic blocks, 5 or 6 Great Granny squared blocks, SoScrappy sampler blocks, two Lepidoptera blocks, and sew the second side of wings for the 9 patches and stars quilt.  Done, done, done.

4.  End the month with a net use of 5 yards.  This could be challenging, as I’m in the hole more than I’d like, but the pixelated quilt is devouring fabric and thread at an alarming rate, so its finish will help.  I made it!

5.  Make two pillow covers for our bed.  Not well done, but done.

In March, I hope to...
1.  Make my St. Patrick’s Day quilt.

2.  Given time, start my bees quilt.

3.  Catch up on mending.  I hate mending, and the pile is deep.

4.  Scraps:  trim, make Garden Mosaic blocks Great Granny Squared blocks, the Tiny Tuesday sampler blocks, and two Lepidoptera blocks.  Depending on the color, I’ll work on 16 patches in cool colors or assemble 9 patch and stars blocks in warm colors.

We do have spring break and a birthday in the middle of the month, so I suspect this will be more than enough to keep me busy.  That’s fine, since the bee quilt will be April’s task, and the St. Patrick quilt is much less intense than the pixelated quilt from February!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You made good progress with such a short month. Hopefully March will be equally as good.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...