Tuesday, July 2, 2019

July Goals

In June, I wanted to...
1.  Make 8 market bags for Christmas gifts.  Done!  I made nine total, so I have an extra for gifts.

2.  Finish hand quilting the baby quilt.  Done!  I actually enjoyed this much more than I thought I would.

3.  Maybe finish the 9 patches and stars quilt.  Not finished, but the stitch in the ditch along the sashing is done, so good progress has been made.

4.  Scraps: trim and blocks in blue: Garden Mosaic, Great Granny Squared blocks, 2 Lepidoptera blocks, Tiny Tuesday blocks, and make my 16-patches into rows of 4.  Mostly done.  I didn’t get all my 16-patches into rows of 4, but that’s because I ran out of variety.  I need more purple blocks, and then I’ll get back to this.  The other blocks and the trimming are all complete.

In July, I would like to...
1.  For my “12 Things” project, I have an orange boot stocking to make for Christmas.

2.  Since that shouldn’t take too long, I’d like to start on an Irish chain quilt of hand dyed fabric.

3.  Finish the 9 patches and stars quilt.  It’s time to be done.

4.  Scraps:  I think we’re on purple.  I want to trim and make the usual blocks: Great Granny Squared, Garden Mosaic, Lepidoptera, and Tiny Tuesday.  I also want to finish up another round of purple 16-patches.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...