Saturday, November 28, 2020

Quiet Days

 Happy Thanksgiving, belatedly!  We had a quiet, lovely Thanksgiving.  We did an 8x8 meeting (video call) with most of my siblings and my parents in the afternoon and evening, but we also had a great time just celebrating by ourselves.  While our original plan was to drive to Colorado and celebrate (alone) in a cabin, we decided there was too much risk if DH or the Assistant, who are regularly at risk of exposure to COVID, got sick at 8000 feet instead of our normal 1000.  No fun.

The bonus is the hours and hours (more than 20) of time not spent in a car.  I’ve been quite productive with my extra hours.

Spunky wants an owl in her quilt, so I’m constructing one for the last corner.  Then we’ll find a backing and quilt it. The weather is easing into winter here, but Spunky loves the quilt and really enjoyed the collaboration.  I did too.


In the meantime, I completely finished this flimsy.  Wow!  I love how fast these blocks come together once constructed.  As I mentioned last week, the blue and neutral strips were almost entirely from my scrap box, with just a few strips of each required from my stash.  I had no idea I could make such a large quilt from it.  This weekend, I’ll press it, cut the batting, and piece the backing.


Last night, when I didn’t feel like doing the pressing, I cut an entire new quilt.  The little man said his favorite colors are red and rainbow, so I’m making a rainbow quilt.


I need to get busy!  It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge weekend.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
Katie z.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

How big is Spunky's quilt turning out? Fast, for sure on the blue quilt, Katie!! I'm surprised by how big it turned out. LOVE that stack of rainbow fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

at times it is amazing at how many scraps we have and how large of quilts we could make from them - when I say I could keep making scrap quilts for years with only buying thread & batting I'm not kidding

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those hours not spent in the car do make a big difference on these holiday weekends! Love Spunky's quilt, and your blue and neutral one, too. That pile of red and rainbow pieces is beautiful!

Vicki W said...

I am always astounded at how much you get done! I am truly loving Spunky's quilt.

Julierose said...

Spunky's quilt is so gorgeous!! What a unique and lovely piece. the blue/neutral is lovely--so soft and inviting looking...You have accomplished a whole lot...
hugs from afar julierose

Cathy said...

I love that Rainbow is Little Man's fav color.

And Spunky's quilt is a WOW!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...