Saturday, November 7, 2020

Whirlwind Week

 I drove for hours this week, taking the Assistant to school as her usual ride to school has been quarantined for exposure to COVID (all are well, thankfully).  Add to that appointments, errands, and so forth, and I spend far too many hours out of the house!

Spunky and I weren’t able to make much progress on her fall quilt.  I have hope that next week will see better progress.


I made masks... 5 this week.  I finished my new holiday apron, one that should conceal grease stains quite nicely.

Most of my precious minutes at the sewing table focused on assembling my courtyard steps.  Spunky helped me with the random arrangement, as my attempt to organize it in rainbow order was clunky and awkward.  I even pieced a wild back from some funny chunks of prints and florals that I had no plans for.  I hope the intended recipient will like it.



I did choose and cut fabrics for a new quilt.  A good friend is potentially facing surgery and is having some spinal issues, so I thought a quilt would cheer her up.  Her favorite colors are blues, purples, and pinks, so I’m hoping the current Meadow Mist pattern, the Morewood Mystery, will satisfy.  The pattern clues have been posted once a month since July, but I think I can catch up in the next month and then see where it takes me!  Right now, I have stacks of pieces and parts everywhere.


I’ll be linking to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and hopefully find the time to visit all the other quilters.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

For someone who didn't have much time to sew, it looks like you got a LOT done, Katie!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your random layout for the Courtyard Steps quilt! Sometimes random is the best choice. The new quilt of blue, purple, and pink looks like it will be a lovely comfort for your friend!

Susie H said...

Your Courtyard Steps is a beauty! Love the toned-down colors and what a great use of fabric for the back. Very sweet of you to make a quilt for your friend AND in her favorite colors. Pretty combination!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...