Friday, May 7, 2021

May Goals

 Oops... I got lost in the chaos of life and didn’t quite get this post written when I intended.

In April, I hoped to...

1.  Keep on the scraps: trimming, hand hexagons, Modern Vintage, and farm quilt blocks.  Done.

2.  Finish the orange twin quilt.  Done.

3.  Finish the twin’s placemats.  Done.

4.  Cut and/sew some pineapple bodies.  30 finished.

5.  Mending: the pile is creeping up on me.  DH wore out some socks, tore some pants, and destroyed the seat in a pair of shorts.  The Assistant has a crocheted purse she would like me to line.  I finished two mending projects but two still remain.

6. Finish my pumpkin wool embroidery.  Shockingly, once the cutting and prep work was done, it’s moving along like lightning.  Done.  Yay!  Now it’s tucked away for fall.

In May, I find my goals aren’t particularly lofty.

1. Scraps: trim, make blocks in red: Modern Vintage, farm, and a hand pieced hexagon star.

2.  Finish the pineapple blocks.

3.  Mend two pairs of pants.  Pesky mending.

4.  Make a weighted blanket for my nephew, who graduates top of his class in a week!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...