Saturday, May 15, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: On the Farm

 As I continue on with red stitching, I did finish a few farm blocks.  We have candy canes for the children with a sweet tooth, a tomato as we grow bushels of tomatoes each year, and a poinsettia for the decorations at church for Christmas. 

I have an oops on my watermelon block (see the super narrow red corners?  I attached them in the wrong order and didn’t want to cut and rip, etc., to repair it).  It’s still tasty, right?
On the poison ivy front... I think I’m finally on the side of recovery, but the swelling, itching, and steroids have taken their toll.  I imagine it will take me a few months to have my legs in decent shape again, and I will be relieved when my clothes don’t add to the itching!

I am trying to stay on top of tasks this morning.  I tend to dither on Saturday mornings, taking care of kids and doing random tidying tasks.  Today, I’ve already pressed blocks, taken photos, and prepared for cutting the rest of my pineapple blocks (50 down, 10 to go!).  I need to release the chickens and get to cutting.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

P.S. The Rainbow Scrap Challenge is full of red inspiration this week!

6 comments:

Deb A said...

Oh no - sorry to hear of the itchy ivy issue. I think the watermelon looks good enough to eat!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your watermelon block is adorable - you picked the perfect fabric for it! Hope the poison ivy issues get better each day!

maggie fellow said...

fun blocks and I am sure watermelons thin at just the same place as they ripen

Ivani said...

Sorry to know the ivy issue continues, hope you feel better soon.
Pretty new blocks for the farm quilt, I can't see any problem with the watermelon block, looks good as it is for me. Have a wonderful weekend, Katie.

grammajudyb said...

I glad to hear the poison ivy rash is receding! Yucky! All your red farm blocks are great! Saturdays are laid back around here too! And it’s cool and cloudy today, so not much incentive to get outside!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting those RED blocks done, but don't worry about the watermelon rind, Katy!! Fruit and vegetables are never perfect. Here's hoping the poison ivy will soon cease to be a problem!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...