Saturday, May 22, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Working Days

 Only one more week of school for DH (a teacher) and the Assistant.  It’s been a hard, difficult, challenging, and trying year.  It’s extra stressful when DH, who loves what he does, seriously considers leaving teaching after 15 years.  Sigh.

I and the kids kept busy outside and inside in between rain showers.  This week had big/seasonal/occasional chores like wash all the bedding, wash and store the winter coats, sort clothes and make a list.  Somehow my boys are missing enough clothes to make it between wash days; we wore out lots of clothes during the pandemic and didn’t buy many replacements.  I haven’t been in a store more than a dozen times over the last 15 months!

This week, I made another apple, red this time, and a heart.  Cloudy morning light in my sewing room is not the nicest for photos, but it will have to do today.

My hexagon star is almost finished with less than 12 hexagons to go, so I’ll have it finished next week.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.  I still haven’t found my groove for visiting other blogs, but I’m working on it!

4 comments:

Ivani said...

Both blocks are pretty. Love the heart.

The Joyful Quilter said...

No worries, Katie! We know you are crazy busy at your house. Congrats on getting some RED sewing done! Visit the RSC Quilters when you are able.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm a retired teacher, and have thought so much about what this last year must have been like for current teachers. I'm sure your DH isn't the only one who has thought about leaving the profession. I sure hope he has a renewing summer and the new school year is so much better and more normal. Your red blocks are so pretty!

maggie fellow said...

apples sound like fun - I'm sorry about teaching - my son feels the same way

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...