Saturday, May 8, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Snippets Only

 The baby is doing better, with still no answers as to why he does crazy fevers.  But he’s eating and perky again, so at least this round is over.

I, on the other hand, appear to have rolled in poison ivy.  No, not really, but I think I came in contact with a macerated plant when restringing the trimmer, so now my leg... well, it’s really bad.  I have done better so far about not itching, and I’ve had more time for hand work since I need my leg propped up much of the day.

My Modern Vintage project has one lonely block this week.  There simply weren’t any more red scraps in the box.


I made a good start on my hexagon star for this month, and I expect this afternoon will see more work on it.


Ten more (blue, not red) pineapples are done, leaving me only 20 more.  That’s so exciting!  I dreaded this project much more than necessary, but I will be relieved when it’s done.  The cutting, sewing, trimming, and sewing again are so fiddly, and I despise the cleaning up of the trimmings.  There are a plethora of 1.5” triangles to be salvaged from the trimmings, and I can’t quite bring myself to throw them away, so I have heaps to trim.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 
 
P.S. I will try to get through everyone’s links this week as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Snippets make pretty blocks! Hope the poison ivy subsides soon!

Maggie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Poison ivy is no fun. No matter how small those plants are beasts. Your projects are coming along beautifully.

Jenny said...

So sorry to read that your leg is so sore and itchy. With your busy life it cant be easy to sit down and keep it elevated for part of the day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Terrible news about the poison ivy, but great news about the baby! How do you feel about using up all of your RED fabric scraps, Katie? I think I might break out in hives if I used them all up. LOL!!

grammajudyb said...

Both your red projects are so cute! Good for you using up all your scraps! Can you take Benadryl? What’s the current recommended treatment for poison ivy? Hope there is improvement soon!

Mari said...

Ugh, poison ivy! All my sympathies. I've been down with seasonal allergies, so Benadryl is my friend. Hope it's helping you, too! And hope the good medical news about the baby continues!

Ivani said...

Great news about your baby but sorry to know about the poison ivy, Hope you will feel better soon. You made pretty blocks.
Happy mother's day!

Vicki W said...

Ick! I hope your poison ivy is better soon! I've never had it, thankfully. Does Epson salt soaks help at all? That's my home remedy for just about everything!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...