Saturday, September 25, 2021

Dilly-Dallying

 Wasting time through dithering might be an apt description for my week.  Having my easier scrap projects finished for the year, I feel a little lost in the sewing room.  I find a really enjoy the order imposed by the assigned colors in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


I did chop up the dregs of my 2.5” scrap box into bricks and squares, so I have a sketchy plan for the squares.  Sadly, I don’t feel particularly enthusiastic about it, or maybe I don’t have a goal or organized plan for it yet, so I’ve dilly-dallied over making headway beyond cutting.  I did sew a few onto the 4.5” squares, so I did something, just not much.

Two more farm blocks are finished.  While one isn’t orange, it was the next one I found interesting to make.  DH is from Texas and considered a good pair of cowboy boots a must.  I love flowers, so here are a few new flowers for the garden!

I suspect in October that I will sew the smaller (6” finished) blocks into four patches so I can get a better idea of my layout, how far I am, where I want things, etc.  Two of my boys like to rearrange blocks for me!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those squares with their stitch and flip corners! They could have lots of uses. The flowers and cowboy boots are fun, too. Looking forward to seeing that quilt!

Ivani said...

Looking forward to seeing how you will arrange the blocks for the farm quilt.
Pretty flowers block.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That little ORANGE flower will just have to do for this week, Katie! Glad to see you at least had that much sewing time.

Susie H said...

I work better with a plan in place too. I like sewing with purpose rather than planning. Not that I don't get ideas but it's usually on my walks, in the shower, or gardening. I really like that boot!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...