Friday, September 17, 2021

Finished Quilt: Modern Rainbows

 I finished this quilt a few days ago, washed it, and… got swallowed up by the chaos of another school week.  Three days of canning, homeschool, kids in normal school, you know, all the things.

This tidy little quilt is only roughly 50” by 60”.  These blocks were made as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I imagine it will be nice to throw in the back of the car, or snuggle on the couch, or bring outside with a cup of coffee.


The backing was something I dyed this summer.  Next time, I’ll work on less white space, but I still like the way it turned out.  My cuts of fabric in my stash are getting smaller, making backings challenging.  I don’t particularly enjoy piecing together more fabric for the backing when I’m honestly ready to finish a quilt!  I bought a roll of 60” wide fabric and hope to learn a little more about dying in the coming years.


The quilt was (semi-)anonymously dropped off today with a lovely, inspiring woman.  If she pays attention to what I post on Instagram, she’ll know who left it.  We shall see.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great! It's bound to make the recipient very happy.

scraphappy said...

Dying backing fabric sounds like a fun way to try out a new hobby without creating a whole new thing.

Kate said...

Congrats on a very pretty and colorful finish!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...