Saturday, October 9, 2021

Green… ish

 I really thought I had more farm blocks, but I suspect they are under a pile or hidden cleverly.  I hope to find them for next week.  This little blue acorn isn’t quite green.  I’ve picked most of the blocks I need to finish the quilt, so I cut a block from each book, sew them up, and cut another round.  I have most of the 12” blocks sewn up, so my blocks will be mostly 6” for a while.


I finished one more green hexagon block this week.  The brown rounds aren’t quite as exciting as the colorful ones, but I know when it’s time to assemble the quilt, having worked on the browns now will be quite a treat.


I’ve sewn together all my 2.5” squares into 4-patches and triangle edges (it will make more sense later).  Correction.  I have all the ones sewn for the blocks I need.  I still have many 2.5” squares, but they’ll have to turn into something else.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge weekend.

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on your greenish blocks, Katie! I started something greenish, too. Using up scraps is SEW much fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Maybe your acorn isn't quite green, but it is a fun block anyway! Looking forward to seeing this amazing group of blocks when you're ready to put them together.

Mari said...

I love your acorn! It looks like cork. Six inch blocks usually finish fast, so you'll be ahead before you know it!

Deb A said...

I spy some greens in those hexagons. Looking good.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...