Saturday, October 23, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Baby Steps

 Whew!  The day filled up rapidly this morning when the tree trimming crew showed up with two kids in tow.  No problem, my kids can play outside with their kids, right?  Yes, but that requires supervision.  Children unfamiliar with the farm with my kids, who don’t always follow the rules, can be a dangerous combination.  So I’ve spent the morning outside, grateful that three problem trees will soon be gone.  Watching little people is a small price to pay.

BJ is recovering as usually, slowly.  I could use a few extra nights of sleep!

I finished the apple processing earlier in the week, so we finished with 47 quarts of applesauce and 12 quarts of apple juice.  I’m glad to be done with the massive amounts of canning for the year.  All I have left is a shelf of frozen tomatoes.

I did a little sewing.  Masks?  Of course.  Three done, four to finish.  My farm blocks were not prolific this week, so only two blocks are done.



Another hexagon flower received its brown “path.”  Today, while outside, I’m basting for next week’s flower.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Even little bits of sewing feel good after massive amounts of other things, like canning or sick kids! I love that fabric line in your farm blocks - it's really pretty.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are so busy with all the preserving one can understand not having much time for stitching!

Mlada said...

That pink on the hexagon is so interesting, just like the pink in a 70s bathroom.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that BJ is starting to feel better, Katie, and it was good to see that you were able to carve out a bit of sewing time in the midst of all that canning!!

Deb A said...

Glad BJ is starting to feel better and you got a little stitching time in. That is a lot of processing for those apples. I hope you were able to get a nice sleep on Sunday.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...