Saturday, August 13, 2022

Bow ties and Distractions

I had a lovely time in my sewing room this week.  Unfortunately for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, the only orange result is a growing stack of bow tie blocks.  I’m glad I have these cut and ready to sew next to my machine, as they were perfect leader and enders to break of my endless strip set sewing.

 I was inspired by some music and art this week to make a quilt with an optical illusion, so I worked with black and white.  More on it later, when I upload photos.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Chantal said...

Leader-enders are such a great way to move things along. I too have an easy RSC block by the sewing machine that I can push along while sewing other things. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I do mendings. Enjoy! ;^)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

blocks get made fast when used as lenders/enders!

maggie fellow said...

fun way to make a bow tie block - it uses more scraps in the process

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good thinking on precutting your blocks for the RSC. Katie! Especially true when another project captures your attention. Looking forward to seeing what you were SEW inspired to make!

Sandy Panagos said...

That's going to be a fun bowtie quilt. Leader/enders - what a great concept, right?

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...