Saturday, August 20, 2022

Orange in August

What a week.  Meetings for me.  Three different start dates for six kids.  Our beloved dog Hope had to be euthanized.  BJ tipped out of a hammock and may have torn cartilage in his shoulder (he cried for hours last night.  We did have xrays done).  More peacefully, I did finish a quilt.

Strip piecing produced an incredible number of bow tie blocks.  I shudder to picture my overflowing scrap basket that also seemed to reproduce in the cutting and sewing of this week.  More bow ties appeared between the first masks I’ve sewn this year.  Eleven masks in August isn’t too bad, and one is even orange.

Produced from my blue and gray scraps, I have been quilting my split star.  Instead of last year’s default of wide backing dyed to match, I pulled a pleasant collection of blue and gray fabrics to piece the backing.  Quilting, after the agony of Jack in the Box, is incredibly simple straight lines.  I hope to finish quilting today and hunt down scraps for the binding.  A finish next week will be lovely.
My orange hexagon star is already done for the month, so I’ve rolled into a second one.
I did pull some orange from my stash for a new, small project, so there may be an orange butterfly to enjoy next week.  I’m eager to wrap up quilting and start on this!



from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

So sorry about your family pet--it is sad to hear that....

I really do like your orange hexie star--SO pretty...take care hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a week, for sure! Jack in the Box is amazing - I'm so impressed with that design. Split Star is going to be a beautiful finish, too!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a week. So sorry about your pet. Glad to hear you are finding some quilty peace.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...