Saturday, November 26, 2022

Flower Garden, Nearly Complete

My pictures are glimpses of chaos and the state of being in progress.  I have one quilt soaking, one in a pile waiting for me to stitch down the binding, and the third is waiting for four more blocks for me to assemble it.

First, awaiting binding:
I don’t have a picture of it after this point, but at least it shows the lovely illusion and my successful quilting.  I’m thrilled.
Ya!  I forgot I pressed and starched my Bojagi panels this week.  Their middles were a bit limp and wadded from all the kids coming in and out all day long. 

Then we have the blocks awaiting their buddies and then assembly.  The Assistant helped with layout and final block decisions last night.  She did reject a handful of filler blocks, or I would be done.  That’s okay; there were not lovely attempts to find different filler blocks,
The sheet I used to lay out blocks is one I have been using for as long as I can remember.  When we were little, my older sister and I were experts at creating dresses from sheets.  Over the years, it became my favorite way to organize lots of blocks, and even if it’s wearing thin, there are no holes yet!

Finally, my triangle quilt is completed.  Alas, it’s soaking, so I have no glamour photos yet.  The sparkly thread worked well, and even if the Assistant and I decided it doesn’t convey the image we wanted (and she still doesn’t like the brown triangles), it’s a lovely quilt all the same.
While it would be lovely to imagine that I could finish the last blocks AND finish binding the quilt, I suspect that won’t happen.  Still, I aim to make good progress!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

 

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful progress, Katie!!

Deb A said...

Great progress and that illusion quilt is amazing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your flower quilt progress, Katie! That's really a great layout!

Vicki W said...

All of your quilts look great and I love the Bojaji panels! They glow.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...