Saturday, November 5, 2022

Chaos, Controlled

 In case you missed my finished bojagi curtains, here’s a link to a picture.

What did I do this week?  Unfortunately, I spent a large amount of the week dealing with c*vid.  Oy.  It would appear my husband brought it home last weekend, but he tested negative the one time I tested him.  On Wednesday, I brought five kids home from school, found BJ was positive, and discovered Spunky and I were the only negative tests.  No one is desperately ill, mostly like nasty colds, but the Assistant is pretty uncomfortable.

The funeral for my best friend’s dad is today, and I can’t go.

I did sew.  My goal each day was to sew enough flowers that I finished a row of my triangle quilt as my leader and ender.


This month is either for assembly or blacks and browns in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I have plenty of brown in my flowers, and there are a few brown triangles in my quilt, so that may be it.  Next year, I definitely need to address my 2” scrap box, as it’s now filled to overflowing.  My 2.5” scrap box is tidy, as it is all full length strips, bricks, squares, or triangles, no partial strips.  We won’t discuss my 1.5” box, which is in better shape than the 2” box, but never ever seems to empty either!

I hope to take a lovely long walk today after the roads dry up a bit (2.5” makes for gloriously wet fields) and sew more flowers and triangles.  I hope you are all well!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Emptying and filling scrap boxes is a never ending cycle. As long as finished blocks keep coming out of the process though, it is all worth the effort. So sorry you have all been dealing with COVID again. Having sick kids is never fun.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry about all those positive tests, but glad to hear no one is terribly sick. I love your triangle project! That will make a fun quilt!

Deb A said...

Sorry to hear the household is ill. Never a dull moment for Mom when the kids are sick. Hope you are able to get out and get a walk in the fresh air and that with rest, everyone is feeling better quickly.

Vicki W said...

Sorry to hear that you've been visited by illness but glad everyone's symptoms are manageable.

Kate said...

The curtains turned out beautifully! Very stained glass like. Hopefully everyone is on the mend and no one else gets ill.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...