Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November Goals

 October was, in retrospect, less chaotic than the preceding months.

1. Scraps: trim, hand hexagons (5 rounds?), wrap up my bow ties.  Done.

2.  Process green scraps.  That will leave me with three bins to sort for the rest of the year.  Done.

3.  Flower Garden quilt.  I’d love to start my pastel triangles quilt, but we shall see.  Many new blocks, but many still to go.  It’s a meandering creative energy for this one, and it doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to be done.  I did start the pastel triangles quilt in the end.

I also created my three bojagi panels for the sewing room divider as well as a smaller one for my cart.

November goals won’t be too grand, as I’m enjoying the bursts of creative energy that leads in unexpected directions.

1. Quilt my friend’s quilt.  I have already done the stabilizing and quilting for the sashing.  20 blocks to go.

2. Scraps: trim and five rounds of hand pieced hexagons

3.  Process one or two bins of scraps.  I have one large bin and two small that I would like to finish before the end of the year.

4. Finish the blocks for the flower quilt.

5. Piece the triangle quilt as a leader and ender.

6. Make a new optical illusion quilt, or make a decision on alternatives.  I need an order of fabric (eek) to arrive, as I’ve tried multiple blues and all of them have been wrong.  Alas.  Finishing it might be too bold a hope, but I definitely want to make significant progress on it.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck with your goals for the month. With the holidays approaching, things will get busy.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like the idea of leaving your time open to go in unexpected directions. I wish you the best with your goals.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...