Saturday, February 4, 2023

Peaches and Cream

 I have plenty to do this weekend, starting with cutting more box blocks.

We also have the piano tuner coming, our propane tank is empty due to a miscommunication, and Spunky has driving lessons.  It’s crazy.  I’m grateful the low was 36 F instead of 12 F, so the wood burning is sufficient to keep us warm for now.

I have all my pink 2.5” squares sewn to white/cream squares.  While there aren’t as many pinks as there were blues, I’m still surprised at how many there are.
I also designed a paper piecing block for myself.  It has no pink, but red, grey, white, and black.  I’ll show them when I have a few more blocks.

I should finish my reading for the day and try to sneak into the sewing room soon.  I hope you have a splendid day!  I have a goal to visit a few blogs through the Rainbow Scrap Challenge today.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.


5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wait just a minute, Katie! How on earth did Spunky get old enough for driving lessons??? Here's hoping you managed a bit of PINK sewing today.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

That's an impressive stack of white and pink squares. What caught my eye is the paper piece block you designed. I can imagine that would be perfect for using up "scrap" strips in a RSC this year or next.

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a pretty rough week. Hopefully things are looking up. Hope you enjoyed your stitching time yesterday! I'm with Joyful, when did Spunky get old enough for driving lessons?

Vicki W said...

Driving lessons! Already! Wow, times flies.

Shelly said...

You're so busy with everything, I don't know how you ever find time to sew!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...