Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Chaos that Never Ends

We have had both a stomach bug and a cold of some sort (no Covid to our knowledge) galavanting through the house for a month.  Unfortunately, it quick succession, the two oldest boys, myself, and DH fell victim.  I have no idea where the week went, but I do know I am exhausted.

On the good days, I did turn all my 2.5” pink squares into four patches.  


I also sewed up most of my box blocks.  (Eek!). I’ll have to dive into another color for leaders and enders for the rest of the month.

 I also have some self-designed paper piecing developing, but I’ve had trouble finding more of the correct color of red.  I don’t have any quilt shops nearby, and Hobby Lobby didn’t have what I needed, so I’m at the mercy of ordering.

I link up each Saturday to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm so sorry you were sick, hope you're all feeling better now. You got a lot done with your pink scraps even so!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Four patches are the perfect sewing when you don't feel the best - simple and soothing! I like those Box blocks, too. Hope the coming week is a better one for the whole family!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sickness and an empty PINK scrap box? I think that SEW gives you a free pass to do whatever you want for the rest of the month, Katie!! Hoping everyone is better now and the rest of the family remains healthy.

Kate said...

Hopefully, everyone one is well and no one else catches it. You made good progress after dealing with a sick family and unwell self. Fingers crossed that you are almost at the end of the illness season.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...