Friday, August 11, 2023

Busy Day

 Oops.  I didn’t post anything last weekend.  All is well.  DH and I attended a celebration of life in Chicago, so my weekend was packed with early and late flights, train schedules, and lots of walking in the rain.  I definitely prefer walking in the rain to sweltering heat!

As if that weren’t enough excitement, we’re also in the middle of back to school shopping, preparing my room for children (I’m adding a second day of teaching this year!), and all the struggles with change.  Q and I finished our last hike, 20 miles, on Thursday, and the arches of my feet are greatly displeased.  Ha!






Sewing has been sporadic and of low productivity.  I keep working on the hexagon assembly, but missed days due to travel and exhaustion.  I did travel with my yeouijumunbo, so the handwork didn’t stop.  Instead of cutting yellow box blocks, as I should be, I focused on assembling a quick quilt for a comfort quilt.

Oh, yes, and a morning of dyeing: everyone did their usual tshirt, and we added some fabric, a few bags, and a collection of scarves.

Honestly, the majority has been a lovely kind of packed chaos (except for the difficult in change for the autistic humans), and I am able to recognize that after a few weeks, we’ll settle back to a quieter life and I’ll find more time to sew.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like life has been even busier than normal. Hopefully the school schedule lines out really quickly. Hope you get in some good sewing room time this week.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...