Sunday, August 27, 2023

Stash Report Week #34 and 15 Minutes

My 15 minutes of hand stitching a day is uneventful: I have worked on hand stitching every day of 2023, so 238 days.

I did order fabric this week: my best friend from high school is (finally, yay!) getting married, and I don’t have any wide backing fabric.  I ordered some sheeting and plan to dye it.  I spend most of my Saturday (as well as a good start on Friday) cutting the 90 blocks I need.

In the next two weeks, I will be able to count my finished 16 patch quilt.  I pressed the backing and top today and have the batting cut, so tomorrow I will baste it.   Maybe after I finish this post, I’ll spend some time doing the math on total yardage for the quilt.  Hopefully it will help me get back to my goal of using twice what I purchase this year.

I have purchased a bit less than this time last year and used significantly less fabric.  That’s to be expected with the amount of hand work I’m doing this year.  I thought I’d done much better on purchasing, but I’ve looked back at several years of stash reports, and while this is the lowest in the last several years, it’s only 10 yards lower than last year.  Of course, I just bought 10 yards of fabric, which doesn’t help my case.  I am going to need neutrals by next year; the cream and white piles of fabric are dwindling rapidly.

IN this week: 10 yards
OUT this week: 0 yards

IN YTD: 40 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 67 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 26 3/4 yards OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've definitely done well with the hand work this year. Stash management is such a hard thing. It comes in so much easier then it goes out. But you are still in the black, so at least your report is in the right direction.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...