Monday, January 8, 2024

January Goals

 I’m a wee bit late getting this post written, but I kept thinking I would have some epiphany while preparing.  Epiphany about what?  Great question.  I don’t know.

December goals were uncomplicated:

1.  Trim scraps, work on hexagon filler pieces, finish two quilts with the remaining 16 patches, sew up the box blocks.  Trimmed, turned corner on the hexagon quilt, finished off the 16 patches, and finished creating box blocks.

2. Finish my window Bojagi.  Done, and I love it so,

3. Make 4 New York Beauty blocks.  I have five done!

4.  Noodle around plans for the new year.  Some noodling done, some yet to go.

January goals are equally simple.
1. Trim scraps, work on the next 1-2 hexagon filler pieces, make 16 patches from green scraps, make a quilt from the RSC 2023 box blocks.

2. Dye fabric.  (Scarves, shirts, miscellany)

3.  Make one New York Beauty block a week.

Stretch goal: take a workshop of fabric dyeing, another in Korean thimbles (golmu), and order some materials for a fabric and dyeing related project.  No quilting fabric!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of plans made - good luck hope you can stick to your goals

Vicki W said...

Have fun dyeing!

Kate said...

Some times it's just hard to plan. You've got a good mix of stitching and dyeing projects this month.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...