Saturday, January 13, 2024

Moving Along

I worked on dyeing some odds and ends of fabric and “things.”  I would really only consider the orange shirts for BJ to be a success.  Everything else is either a “meh” or a failure.  I had some cotton bandanas that didn’t soak up much dye at all, so I may over dye them later.  The red you see below is supposed to be chocolate brown, but clearly it’s not.  The two pieces below will be quilt backs for small quilts.  My silk scarves (no pictures, I have not learned to photograph them properly) are better, but still not what I wanted.  I guess that means more practice!

I have my first finished quilt for the year.  After making close to 300 box blocks last year, I have plenty of easy Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts to start the year.  This one is already washed and dried and it goes out the door later today.  Next I have the pile of grey/black/turquoise ones ready to make a larger quilt.

The temperature is currently 1 F, with a windchill of -16 F.  I haven’t taken care of the chickens yet, but will have to bundle up soon to do so.  Brrr.

I have worked diligently on my green 16 patches.  The back box is all the pairs sewing into 4-patches, but the front box still has quite a lot of pairs waiting to be sewn together.  I’m not sure I will get them taken care of before the end of today.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Brrr! Stay warm! It's cold here in Colorado, too. I love your Box Block quilt - so pretty and colorful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope the chickens can stay warm - love the box quilt

Susie H said...

Dying fabric is fun yet a surprise as to what you actually get in the end. You have quite the 4-patch collection working. Will make great 16-patches in the end. Layer up when you go out to take care of the chickens! It's quite cold here in Illinois too!

Kate said...

Very colorful first quilt for 2024. Looks like you made good progress with your green blocks. Sorry the fabric dying didn't work out as planned. Hopefully it's all still fixable.

Sara said...

I've never tried dying fabric. I'm intrigued. I definitely enjoy sewing on bright happy colors, especially when our whole world is cold and snow covered like it is right now.

Vicki W said...

I really like the red/turquoise pieces!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...