Saturday, January 20, 2024

Many Stitches

 I have a flimsy to end the week, using all of my grey and black box blocks and only about half of the aqua ones!  I need to choose a backing next week and get this ready to quilt.
My green squares have turned into block halves this week.  I’ve pinned some for sewing (box on the right).  My biggest question at this point is: How many blocks are there?  I forgot how small a 16 patch block made from 1.5” scraps is!  It’s going to take 300 to make a quilt for Spunky’s friend, and I definitely don’t have 300.
My kids have asked all week how soon it’s spring.  They aren’t old enough to realize our worst winter weather is in January and February!  I have errands to run today, but I hope to spend some time with everyone’s posts for a Rainbow Scrap Challenge weekend.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yes we all want it to be spring don't we - even the kids are tired of winter!

Sara said...

Spring seems so far away in January! Awesome little 16-patch blocks using your green squares. I have 4 cookie tins full of 1.5" squares. Maybe these would be a good way to use them.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The green and white blocks are coming along nicely. If I calculated correctly your blocks will measure 4.5" x 4.5" unfinished or 4" x 4" finished. So, depending on the size of the quilt you want it will take a few blocks. Won't it be lovely when done?

Kate said...

Very fun flimsy! You've been busy already this year. The green and white blocks are pretty striking, hope you have enough for a good sized quilt. I'm ready for spring too. Freezing rain in the forecast for tonight, so yeah definitely ready for spring.

Dorothy L. Wills said...

A lot of work but will be super nice when it's done!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...