Saturday, April 27, 2024

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  We need to clean up our storm shelter for the season, so I’ll sneak in a bit sewing before it’s back to work!

In my effort to wrap up my yellow scraps, I finished my flowers.  They’re a chaotic bunch, and I’ll have a lovely garden when I’m done.
My 1.5” scraps are a little harder to finish.  I’ve made half blocks, but I have a lot of pinning and sewing to wrap these up in the next 4 days.  Then I can spend the rest of next week digging into the pink scraps.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I hope you don't have any weather that sends you into the storm shelter, Katie! Meanwhile, you've made some beautiful yellow blocks. Hope you get some more sewing time today!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

are you in the Kansas or Oklahoma area I heard they were in for more bad weather. We have been remaining on the edge of the weather here in Arkansas but thunder and lightening woke us up around 3 AM for awhile - stay safe!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoping you and yours remained safe in the wake of those storms, Katie, and glad to managed a bit of sewing this week!!

Kate said...

Hopefully you've not faired too badly during the recent storms. So far southern Oklahoma has gotten the worst of it. I don't like this late evening/early morning storms, it's hard to sleep knowing you may need to head to the storm shelter.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...