Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monochromatic Challenge: Violet

I took the pictures and forgot all about them...

Here is my violet table runner.  It's a variation on my yellow table runner (I would like to write up the pattern, and am seeing what variations I like).  The rings are blockier, and my quilting was MUCH less complicated.  The backing was pieced of other violet fabrics, thus reducing my violet stash by almost half.



I have observed to myself before that violet fabric is hard to find!  That would explain why my violet stash is so small, and why even though I like the color, I have so little of it.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Very pretty. Great use of color!

Marg said...

Really pretty, love the pattern.

Dionne said...

Wow! Even the back is violet! Great runner.
Cheers,
Dionne

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love your table runner!! Very creative.
glen

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I love it!

Linda said...

I really like this and your simple quilting just sets it off. Nice!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Nice!! I love the contrast

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...