Thursday, October 18, 2012

Flimsy Finish

Whew!  At one point, I had high (intoxicated) hopes that I would have a finished quilt come Friday, but... pregnancy is really good at taking "free" days and turning them into "lay on the couch" days.  Ergo, a finished flimsy.


Yes, it needs pressing, but two minutes after I finished the quilt, I stepped on a hat pin my Bear Cub Q dropped on the floor while I was sewing earlier.  My toe still burns.  No pressing, then.

This quilt is LOOSELY based (would inspired be a better word?) by City Green in Cherry House's quilt book.  I love it.

My daughter hates it.  It's supposed to be for her teacher, but it might just become a quilt for baby 4 (as yet un-nicknamed), who is a boy.

What do you think of it?  How should I quilt it?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Such straight sashing lines, Katie, I'm envious. I FMQ (stipple) nearly all my quilts but am thinking trying wavy lines on my next one. Good luck, whatever you choose I'm sure it will turn out lovely :)

Pieces of Cotton said...

I love the soft shades - I think it's a cute quilt. I'd just do it in straight lines, but maybe because that's all I know?

Steven said...

As a non quilter I think something geometric would complement the geometric vibe I get from the fabric. Like diagonal lines or triangles or something like that.

Shauna said...

I think straight lines. I really like everything about your quilt!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...